Flash Required to view this area.

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Well what's new. A client of mine, Steve Eicher of Unique Mobile Sounds, had me out to shoot the Park View Little League Homecoming and what an event it was. Being able to be on the field during the event was incredible. The stadium at Southwestern College was filled to overflowing. The estimate was that 10,000 people were there to support these great young men, their coaches, families and support staff after their win of the Little League World Series. The energy from the field was just incredible and Steve Eicher kept the crowd pumped up and did a phenomenal job as the official emcee of the event.

Several dignitaries were present at the event including the Chula Vista Mayor, her husband Ron Cox, local representative Marty Block, U.S. Representative Bob Filner, and the list goes on. It was great seeing all of these people rallying around the kids and their coaching staff and when the kids arrived on the back of a Chula Vista fire rig the place errupted with cheers and applause. I of course had to concentrate on the job at hand and began snapping off shots as fast as I could as these local heroes walked into the stadium. I also had my good friend Mike Thiem with me as my second photographer and he did a great job of capturing some awesome moments.

These kids were as humble as could be, they truly loved the crowd and were obviously just trying to take it all in. I was able to be the only photographer to gain access to the VIP area after the event and talking to these guys one on one you really realize what a class act they all are. Every one of their parents should be proud. So thanks to Steve Eicher, Cheryl Cox (Chula Vista Mayor) and all involved for a memorable event.

Below is a video showing myself and Mike at the event doing what we love to do. I am at the beginning of the video shooting as they come into the fenced area. I am wearing a black cap. Mike is in a blue button up shirt shooting them on the infield area.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This