Flash Required to view this area.

Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Little Monkeying Around

This past Thursday I had a great opportunity to photograph the life development team at Eastlake Church in Chula Vista for there next children's series based on an Indiana Jones theme. The team did a great job with some props and their costumes were spot on for the shoot. They are a great bunch to work with always willing to follow a little artistic direction and not afraid to offer up some ideas of their own. These are the folks that work directly with the children every weekend and they do a phenomenal job keeping the children interested and plugged in to the teachings of Jesus Christ. My own children attend these classes and never complain about having to go to church.

For the technical aspects of the shoot Mr. Dan Castrellon provided his Norman strobes for the main lights and also provided the background and technical support. I provided my Hensel's to help blow out the background for a high key effect so that it would be easier to mask. I did the shooting using my Nikon D700 set to F16 at 1/125 and ISO 400. The lights were set at varying ratios with the mains being fired into silver umbrellas and the rear fills using a softbox and a beauty dish. There was also a third background light that was aimed directly at the backdrop bare bulb.

I also need to give a great big shout out to Nikki Wells of Nikki Wells Photography who is also a member of the photo team at the church. She bravely answered the call of the wild when no one else was willing to step forward and wear the super happy monkey costume. Nikki you made a fabulous monkey and I think your kids will be scarred for life after seeing there Mom's head on the monkey body when the monkey head came off.

All in all I am very pleased with the results and I know the team will do a great job in post and putting together another awesome presentation for the kids. Good job guys on continuing to do the work of the Lord glad I could help.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Share This